I think I’ve road tested every to-do system on the web. It’s not an exciting topic, but it’s an important one. Remembering stuff is a nightmare. As David Allen says, “capture, process, do” or something like that. A good to-do list system can change your life.
Anyway, the one I’ve settled on and used for a couple of years now is remember the milk. The name is different from all the other todoist, toodledo, teuxduex variants out there. But forget the name. There are a few features that make it fantastic.
- You can sync it with your BlackBerry, Android, iPhone / iPod touch. I have all three, and it works a treat.
- You can tag stuff really easily. And then create lists from a combination of tags and, say, due date, or priority.
- It’s ridiculously easy to use – other systems fall down on adding tasks, or tags, or other simple things
- It looks good without being flashy
- It integrates with google calendar, and loads of other clever things like that
It’s so ingrained now, I don’t think about using it anymore, I just automatically go to it. Downside – it’s subscription – $25 per year. But it’s money well-spent. Other to-do systems have some nice features too, but across the board this is the best.
Now to actually do the things in my list, that’s another matter.